Monday, January 09, 2006

Come on folks, I know we can get it

Cow Escapes Meat Plant, Dodges SUV, Train

GREAT FALLS, Mont. - A cow that escaped a slaughterhouse dodged vehicles, ran in front of a train, braved the icy Missouri River and took three tranquilizer darts before being recaptured six hours later. News of the heifer's adventures prompted a number of people to offer to buy the animal.

The black, 1,200 pound heifer jumped a gate at the packing plant at around 5 a.m. Thursday and apparently wandered through residential areas. Police received reports at about 9:30 a.m. that it was in the middle of a busy intersection.

Police tried to catch the cow, and had her wedged between a stock trailer and a fence, but the heifer barreled through the fence toward the river, nearly being hit by a Chevrolet Suburban.

It was the first of many near-death experiences.

(clipped)

Blazing mouse sets fire to house

A US man who threw a mouse onto a pile of burning leaves could only watch in horror as it ran into his house and set the building ablaze.

Luciano Mares, 81, of Fort Sumner, New Mexico, found the mouse in his home and wanted to get rid of it.

"I had some leaves burning outside, so I threw it in the fire, and the mouse was on fire and ran back at the house," he was quoted as saying by AP.

(clipped)

Cat gets 'Lucky' in rescue on icy river

MISSOULA, Montana (AP) -- If cats have nine lives, a kitty in Montana has definitely used one up.

A house cat survived being locked in a cage, thrown off a bridge and then stranded in an icy puddle of river slush.

The ordeal ended Tuesday morning when a pair of passers-by spotted the calico cat while crossing a footbridge and called for help.

Missoula firefighters arrived minutes later, donned wet suits and launched a rescue boat.

Someone had put the animal in a cage, along with a rock weighing about 16 pounds, and tossed it into the Clark Fork River. But instead of landing in the water, it bounced several times on the ice and then became stuck.

It's unclear how long the cat had been there.

(clipped)

1 Comments:

At 12:35 PM, Blogger Where there is gold... said...

Hi,
I noticed that no one seems to leave you any comments. I thought that was wierd, and that maybe you woul dlike one. Well, at least I know I always like it when people who stop by my blog say hello...

I like your blog. It is a nice bit of work. Fun to read and it has interesting subjects. I thought that trial about Jesus was worth posting again, so I looked it up and pasted it on my blog as well. Most of my friends are Catholics, and prone to talking about such things.
Anywho, keep up the nice blogging, and you are more than welcome to stop by my blog and say hello anytime you like.
Pax,
~Havilah

 

Post a Comment

<< Home