Friday, March 03, 2006

Messages from Gold




Right now I'm living and working in a large, new house that was once an earring factory. The owners of this factory have moved the factory to a larger building across town and have kindly allowed me to stay and practice here temporarily. This mother and father, also the founders of this earring business which works mostly with gold, live across the street. Their 3 daughters and their partners are also working within this business in one capacity or another. I am friends with this family as a result of working on their son/grandson who had food allergies. They invited me to come work in this "ex-gold factory" as I like to think of it and my clientele here has blossomed quickly.

These people have worked with gold for 30 years and for the entire lives of the children. The windows of this house are surrounded by metal bars to keep out intruders. The bullet proof window coverings were removed right before I moved in. Video cameras still sit watching the ex-gold factory.

The family's house across the street is also surrounded in metal bars - all of the windows and doors. The metal has been colored yellow and there are little metal flowers embedded into the bars to make their protective covering look artistic. They have 4 video cameras on the grounds of their house which show the entire grounds between the 4 of them. The views from these cameras are available via their television inside, so at any moment they can turn on the tv and see what is going on around their house and on the street out front. Sometimes when I arrive for dinner they open the gate before I ring, and I enter the dining room to see the 4 views shown on tv.

I'd say this family has it's problems just like any other. Without exposing too many of their personal details, they have their health problems, loveless relationships, overworked family members, black sheep etc. Just a few days ago one of the daughters, her husband and I were discussing the irony that they work with the most strongly protective metal in existence, one symbolizing enlightenment, yet they surround themselves in life draining metal in order to keep out the burglars, or better said to "secure" their livelihood!

To me their situation is awe inspiring because it's a perfect parable for the common human condition and how we create prisoners out of ourselves by trying to protect our "valuables" - which like their gold is a treasure outside of themselves. But this goes beyond the general lesson... This is about Gold and the key to bliss. Gold has been presenting itself to me in various forms and factors for several months now, and I've been watching closely it's message.

First I was invited here to work in the ex-gold factory. Then I immersed myself in Dan Winter, who explains how gold is the perfect symbol for bliss. So much so that taking it can create states of bliss, but then you must be careful not to become addicted to it. Why? Because your DNA is capable of making this same bliss but if you're supplementing it all the time, it loses it's capacity to do this (like taking insulin reduces the remaining ability of the pancreas to create insulin etc).

Dan Winter (also Zacharia Sitchen and many others...) discusses the story regarding the progenitors of the human race and how they arrived on planet earth to mine gold. After a few thousand years they were sick of doing the hard labor of mining so they created a slave race to mine the gold for them - humans! The reason they were mining gold was because they had become addicted to it and had lost the ability to make their own bliss. So taking gold for them was the bliss instigator!

In other words, gold is the whole reason the human race exists in the first place! This is valid as symbolism too. Fortunately for us, humans still have the capacity to make their own bliss via their DNA and don't need to rely on gold... but it's a skill that needs to be "remembered", cultivated, given much more of our attention. This is hard to do in a state of fear, protection and ignorance. It's hard to do eating tainted food and breathing tainted air, eating and sleeping within a house surrounded by metal, being in loveless relationships, sitting for 9 hours a day under fake lighting, spending little time in introspection and watching the blond babes in bikinis dance around in all the game shows (welcome to Italian tv!).

The point is that each of us has the ability to reach and maintain bliss (gold). But just like the earring factory family, we shut down this bliss by emersing ourselves in surroundings that don't cultivate this bliss (like pretty bars for our prisons). We do this out of ignorance (we don't recognize our own potential within ourselves) and fear (got to protect my gold!). In the end we spend so much time protecting and looking outside ourselves that we have forgotten about the gold... and that it doesn't come for free. I think this is part of gold's message for me. I'll soon be delving into gold from another angle (with care) so I'm sure more insights to come!

1 Comments:

At 2:05 PM, Blogger QUASAR9 said...

Interesting perspective: "working with gold, yet surrounded by steek bars"

Like the bird living in the guilded (golden cage).

I'm interested in gold. I turn old gold (broken rings, etc...) and turn them into teardrops.

Well, I did once many years ago, and my mother loved it.

My cousin (my cousin's wife) works in a bank, in a poor suburb, and has started a collection of old jewelry, to be melted down into a religious object.

I was surprised to see how large her collection was, considering her customers cannot even afford loans from the bank. The bank mainly transacts their wages, pensions, bills, etc...

Just as well she is an hinest person with a golden heart.

See you soon

 

Post a Comment

<< Home